Z460-05 Lockout Training Program – Control of Hazardous Energy
Energy sources such as electrical, thermal, mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic and chemical pose dangers to personnel who are not trained to recognize the hazards. This course will provide information to those responsible for control of energy sources.
- Become familiar with Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations governing hazardous energy sources.
- Recognize the energy hazards posed by equipment, machinery, process, etc.
- Identify and assess sources of energy that require lockout/tagout.
- Be familiar with the requirements and the procedures for locking and tagging out.
- Become familiar with developing lock- out/tag-out policy, procedures and work instructions.
Method of Instruction: Brief lecture, interactive presentations, video and questionnaire.
Who Should Attend: Managers, Maintenance Personnel, Production Staff, Supervisors and Other Employees who use the equipment or may be responsible for controlling energy sources.
Course Length: 3 hours.
- Course materials and certificates provided