We at 21st Century Solutions are committed to respecting your privacy and safeguarding your personal information. We are committed to meeting or exceeding the privacy standards established by Federal and Provincial Legislation. Our information handling policies comply with the Federal Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act.
What defines personal information?
- Personal information that identifies you as an individual and relates specifically to you. This information includes your age, gender, Social Insurance Number, income, marital status, race, ethnic origin, nationality, religious or political beliefs, medical information, education, employment or criminal records, employee files, loan or credit records, internet browsing logs, etc.
What is not covered?
- Personal information does not include information that is required to contact you at a place of business, such as your name, position or title, business address, business phone number, business fax or email address.
How do we use your personal information?
- to establish credit accounts for individuals operating under their own name and/or with other unincorporated trade styles;
- to process C.O.D orders where a personal cheque or credit card number has been provided;
- to identify chattels pledged and/or the officers of a corporation who may be providing personal security.
- to track business owners that have defaulted in their payment obligations.
To Whom do we disclose your personal information?
- For the purposes described above, we may need to share personal information with third parties. These other parties commonly include:
- credit agencies
- credit personnel within the Company
- financial institutions when conducting reference checks
- legal counsel retained by the Company
- when required by court order
When can we disclose your personal information?
- We can only disclose your personal information if we have your explicit consent or:
- where the is a contract and the information is required
- when we are required or permitted to do so by the law
- when transfers of business are involved
How do we protect your personal information?
- Appropriate security measures have been developed and implemented to protect all personal and confidential information. Physical measures include locked file cabinets and restricted access to file rooms and offices. Technological measures include the use of passwords, encryption and firewalls to ensure that electronic data is secure.
Our commitment to you:
- We will not collect, use or disclose your personal information for any purpose other than those that we identify to you.
- We will keep your personal information only as long as we need to fulfill the stated purpose or as long as is required by law.
- We will maintain your personal information in as accurate, complete and up to date form as possible.
- We will safeguard your personal information to the best of our ability.
- We will respond to any request that you make to access or correct the personal information that we collect about you.
- We will obtain the appropriate consent from you for the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information.
- You have the right to access your own personal information.
- You have the right to request that errors be corrected in your personal information.
- You have the right to obtain information about the way in which personal information is used by Lionshare Solutions.
- You have the right to obtain the names of individuals and organizations to whom your personal information has been disclosed.
- You have the right to refuse to allow us to obtain, use or share certain personal information or you can withdraw a previously given consent at any time.
Who to contact?
- We will respond to you promptly and do our utmost to resolve your concerns.
Or, contact the Privacy Officer:
21st Century Solutions Ltd.- Privacy Officer
Telephone: (519) 622-4646